To know the basics of digital marketing one must first have some knowledge of the digital economy.
At the very least you should have some knowledge of what you want to market and to whom – or whilst you’re learning you can become an affiliate marketer and just market their products getting your commissions in 😉
A. SET UP THE HUB
First off I would say that you need the following:
- A domain name, bought and registered $10 per year;
- Web hosting – can vary $10 plus per year;
- A wordpress site – this is what is most user friendly and resembles a word doc. You can also add other themes – free;
- Something to write about on your website/blog;
- Publish your articles;
- Syndicate them to social media sites……
- Join Facebook groups, forums etc and give value.
- Meanwhile back at the ranch, set up the autoresponder sequences using Aweber, Mailchimp…
B. SET UP THE AUDIENCE – RESEARCH
- Determine who you will be writing for, speaking to…
- Search for where they will be online;
- Look at other authors like yourself;
- Get to know your audience;
- Know their habits, their language, their likes…..
- Ensure your website is congruent with this new information;
- Continue to give value.
- Continue to broadcast to your list.
C. START MARKETING
- Now you have a target audience;
- Your keywords;
- Your demographic;
- NEVER PLACE AN ADVERTISEMENT WITHOUT TRACKING
- Place ads on the chosen platform
- Google Adwords;
- Gather data for a set time;
- Analysis of the data;
- Sales are happening;
- Tweak a word or a colour… to obtain peak performance of your ad.
This is the basics of digital marketing as it stands. What they often do not tell you is the mind is everything – the brain controls it all. If your mind is not solid then you can do…. not much!
So in parallel to all this you must – yes must- do some personal development work and everyone starts with these two giants : download them here Free Books
Think And Grow Rich – Napolean Hill
The Science Of Getting Rich – Wallace Wattles